CANAL SPLASH! - QUICK FACTS
Get involved, list your Canal event now!
- Register your event online by June 2nd to be included in the printed program and get a free poster designed for your event. Click on My Canal Events to get started. It's fun, free and easy.
What is the Canal Splash?
- The 3rd annual Canal Splash! consists of a coordinated series of over 100 locally organized events and activities in 26 counties across New York State's Canal Corridor between August 8th and 10th, 2008. Events and activities include nature and history walks, museum and gallery exhibits, rowing regattas, kayak and canoe outings, musical performances, boat tours and more.
Canal Splash Purpose
- To highlight the history, beauty, culture, recreational appeal and national significance of the New York State Canal System and Canalway Trail. The Canal Splash will also help promote the many communities, organizations and businesses through out the Canal Corridor.
Where will the Canal Splash Take Place?
- On and along the New York State Canal System and Canalway Trail
- Erie Canal
- Champlain Canal
- Oswego Canal
- Cayuga-Seneca Canal
Who can list a Canal Splash! event?
- Any Canal Corridor community, business, club, individual or non-profit organization.
Why list an event on Canal Splash!?
- The New York State Canal Corporation and its partners will market your event or activity throughout the state for free. Be part of the statewide festivities! The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Prior Year Canal Splash! Events
2008 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & ACTIVITIES