||Canal Splash Dates
- Saturday, August 12 and Sunday, August 13, 2021
What is the Canal Splash?
- The New York State Canal Corporationís statewide signature event. The Canal Splash will consist of a coordinated series of locally organized events and activities, including nature and history walks, museum and gallery exhibits, rowing regattas, kayak and canoe outings, musical performances, boat tours and more.
Canal Splash Purpose
- To highlight the history, beauty, culture, recreational appeal and national significance of the New York State Canal System and Canalway Trail. The Canal Splash will also help promote the many communities, organizations and businesses through out the Canal Corridor.
Where will the Canal Splash Take Place?
- On and along the New York State Canal System and Canalway Trail
- Erie Canal
- Champlain Canal
- Oswego Canal
- Cayuga-Seneca Canal
Who May Participate in the Canal Splash?
- Any Canal Corridor community, business, club or non-profit organization
- The New York State Canal System will market your event or activity throughout the state for free. Be part of the statewide festivities! The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
How to Get Involved?
NOTE: Boaters planning to travel to Canal Splash events via the New York State Canal System should be aware that Lock E-10 in Cranesville, NY (Montgomery County) is temporarily closed to boater traffic due to ongoing repairs caused by recent severe flooding. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate the publicís patience during this important repair work.
Attention Event Organizers: Click here to evaluate Canal Splash